Home About This Blog Photobucket Munchkin Milestones Weight Watchers Flunkie Mamalicious Mondays The Edge

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Hope for Infertility Part 2

I shared our infertility story here.  It was such a difficult time in our lives for sure.  C and I always knew we wanted more than one child and in 2011 we started thinking about contacting the infertility clinic once again.  It was June and we figured it would take a month or so of workups before we could start the process plus another 4-6 months of IUIs before prayerfully and hopefully we would be expecting another child.  That seemed like good timing for us and the different things that were going on in our lives and so we went in for our initial appointment.  We completed the workups and what-nots and left that day knowing that we needed to come back to complete the testing as soon as my next menstrual cycle began.  So we waited.  And then we waited some more.  We waited until it was abundantly clear there was no reason to wait any longer.  It was long past due and it didn't have plans on coming any time soon.  For my entire life my cycles had been very regular and I could not believe that now was the time my body decided it was going to betray me once again.  The month we want to start back up with infertility treatments and my body decides to wonky on me.  So, I started preparing myself for a very rocky road ahead.  My doctor had mentioned that she had medication to get the menstrual cycle going again but I knew she needed me to take a pregnancy test just to be sure any fetus wouldn't be harmed by the medication.  So, I took a pregnancy test for the sole purpose of being able to tell her that the test was negative and that I would like to start the medication.  Not for one tiny moment did it even cross my mind that I actually would be pregnant.  But I was!  I was pregnant!  And not only did we not need any medical intervention what-so-ever but we weren't even trying to conceive in any way.  I was stunned so I went to the store to purchase more tests to confirm.  Every one was a positive. :)  We were so incredibly grateful to our Heavenly Father for such a precious gift…and with no infertility treatment heartache attached.  And then, nine months later on March 18th, 2011, our sweet Sophia was born...
And you know what?  The Lord wasn't done with His grace and abundance yet!  C and I had been debating for some time whether or not to add one last child to our family before we shut down this little factory for good.  I was really confused and, due to my age, I didn't have time to be confused for long.  I had always wanted a third child and definitely wanted another sibling for my girls.  But, at the same time, I was so very happy with the 2 little miracles I had been given and to be honest, I was starting to feel quite settled in being a mom of 2 as well.  I also realized that it was October and I had been adamant for some time that in January C was going to take a little trip to the doctor to having his baby making abilities shut down forever more.  I wasn't going to change my mind about that.  That left 3-4 months max.  Not ideal for an infertility patient!  Even though Sophia had come as a hugely wonderful surprise, I think the infertility process had been so seared into my brain that I still continued to think of myself as some who needed serious help getting pregnant.  

So, we decided to pray and totally give it to the Lord.  I told the Lord that this was going to be completely up to Him.  I told Him C was going to the doc. in January for the big V and if it was in His plan for this family to have one last child before January, then only He could make it happen.  And then, in November, we got one last positive pregnancy test!  Our last baby is due August 6th, 2014.  As I was writing my first post on infertility two nights ago, I felt the little munchkin move for the first time!  Such a fantastic reminder of how far the Lord has brought us.  What a mighty God we serve!!!

So I hope this serves as just a little more hope that once infertile does not necessarily mean always infertile. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment





Mr. JA.K.A. "Princess Daddy"


"The Littles"
Little Baker - Emily Kate 7/24/08

Little Dare Devil - Sophia 3/18/11




Giving Up on Perfect


You can contact me by clicking here or by sending an email to givinguponperfectblog (at) gmail (dot) com.


Powered by Blogger Widgets



Followers

Visitor Globe



Munchkin Land Designs
Images from iStock Photo.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.