Home About This Blog Photobucket Munchkin Milestones Weight Watchers Flunkie Mamalicious Mondays The Edge

Monday, February 24, 2014

My sweet girl, I LOVE YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!

So this is just a little something I want on my blog so that I can look back on it as a sweet memory.  My oldest daughter is five, and with her late summer birthday she did not make the cutoff for kindergarden at the school we want her to attend.  So, she is finishing up one final year at a wonderful little preschool.  Now I don't know what school was like when you were young, but back when I was in school (and I admit it's been awhile!) we were still learning our letters in kindergarden and reading didn't begin until 1st grade.  Well, the times, they are a changin', and kids are learning and doing things much younger these days.  So my sweet girl is learning to read and I must say, I am very proud of how far she has come at such a young age.  They have been working on digraphs (combination of 2 letters making one sound) at preschool lately.

Apparently one of the little girls in her class had a birthday on Friday and Emily Kate's goal is always to make people feel special.  So, when she got home she gathered her art supplies (this girl loves her some art!) and went to work.  She didn't mention to me what she was doing and so when she brought the card in to show me, I saw the front and said, "Loose!  Good!  What does it mean?"  She looked so sad and said, "Ooooh.  I made this birthday card for Lucy and I thought I spelled her name but I guess I didn't."  She was so disappointed.  My heart immediately melted!  "Ooooh…Luuuucy…of course, Lucy!"  We then had a little talk about what a great job she had done.  I told her how she used the digraph perfectly and how I could see exactly why she spelled Lucy the way she did…because it sounds just like she wrote it but that Lucy is a bit of a tricky name.  We decided that she would still give Lucy the card and she would explain that she tried to write "Lucy" but that it didn't quite come out like she spells it, and that we really hope she likes it anyway.  Lucy did, she loved the card! :)

Emily Kate, I want to tell you that I am just SO very proud of the little girl you have become.  So very caring and thoughtful of others.  There are a lot of adults, Mommy included, who could really use a lesson from you on giving and thoughtfulness.  A homemade card just to make someone you don't even know very well feel special.  Wow!  You are amazing and mommy is so very blessed to have you for my little girl!  I love you to the moon and back!

Front: Her name is Lucy :)
Inside:  A big birthday cake with balloons
Back: Lots of love

No comments:

Post a Comment





Mr. JA.K.A. "Princess Daddy"


"The Littles"
Little Baker - Emily Kate 7/24/08

Little Dare Devil - Sophia 3/18/11




Giving Up on Perfect


You can contact me by clicking here or by sending an email to givinguponperfectblog (at) gmail (dot) com.


Powered by Blogger Widgets



Followers

Visitor Globe



Munchkin Land Designs
Images from iStock Photo.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.